Monday, June 16, 2014

Food and exercise journal already paying off!

Well, I have only been logging my food and exercise for a couple of days but have already noticed something... I'm not drinking enough water.  Although I have increased from what I was drinking before, I am still not getting enough water.  I have read that you need half of your body weight in ounces; so, in my case, I would need 109 ounces per day (217 x 50% = 109).  That is almost a full gallon a day - WOW!!  I think that part of the issue is that I have been drinking some distilled water which I like a lot better than our tap water but I have run out of distilled water.  We have well water but our water is hard and I have noticed that it leaves a metal-y taste in my mouth (never noticed it until I started drinking distilled water... go figure!).  I just have a weird "thing" about BUYING water at the store... I know, weird! 

I think my other struggle with not getting enough water is that I used to drink a LOT with my meals.  However, I have recently learned that drinking too much (water, milk, etc.) with your meals is bad for your digestion.  "The general rule of thumb is to avoid drinking water from about 15 minutes before you eat until at least one hour after you eat."  (You can read the full article here.)  My problem is that I am forgetting to drink water while I am cooking; that would probably help me a lot.  Old dogs can learn new tricks... it just takes a while!  :-) 

I still need to get my exercise done today.  Better get that done before the USA v. Ghana World Cup soccer game tonight!!  I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!  (Here is a video where you can chant along!)




Stay healthy my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment