Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Motivation!



Let's talk about motivation for just a moment...

I just finished logging my daily food intake into my MyFitnessPal app. I was under my calorie goal quite substantially today (actually two days in a row).  Not sure why though - I ate when I was hungry and I felt satisfied all day; I am not starving myself (just in case anyone was worried :-)  ).  For some reason I have just not felt hungry lately... not complaining though... :-)  :-) 

Well, when I completed my entry today it told me at the bottom of the page that if every day were like today, I'd weigh 199.7 lbs in 5 weeks!!  (It is still hard actually sharing that number... sigh...)  That will be down 16 lbs from what I weigh now!!  Holy crap!!  WHOOP  WHOOP!!





That is awesome!!  Now I know that not every day will be like today - I am realistic.  HOWEVER, this does mean that what I am doing could actually work and that was very motivating!  That one sentence will keep me watching what I eat and will keep me exercising twice a day!!

HAPPY DANCE!!  HAPPY DANCE!!  But it will be an even happier dance when my scale actually reads 199.7 lbs!! 

Quick side note:
I do have to say though, that if you or anyone you know are trying to be healthier and/or lose weight, I highly recommend logging your food intake and exercise into an app such as MyFitnessPal or one similar to it.  I have been watching what I eat and making healthier food choices the past several weeks, but when you have to actually look at how many calories, sugar, carbs, etc. are in a food item and see how those items all add up at the end of the day, you truly do look at your food differently.  I am much more mindful to not finish Bekah's sandwich or nibble a little of the macaroni and cheese sitting on the counter when I know that I have to log those items (yes, I am being that careful and actual with what I log).  It is also motivating to see how your exercise adjusts the amount of calories you can consume as well.  So, apps like MyFitnessPal get two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me.  (No, this is not any kind of affiliate endorsement - it's a free app or you can use it for free online as well - I actually use both all day long.)


That's all for now...
Stay healthy my friends...



No comments:

Post a Comment